Berger Harris attorney and Business Law Basics co-blogger David Anthony was interviewed by Tibor Dani of Family BusinessCast on employment law issues affecting closely-held (particularly family-owned) businesses. Among the issues addressed:
- What happens when a complaint is filed against an employer
- The most prevalent employment compliance issues
- Criteria for determining if an employee is exempt or non-exempt
- Tools to help you determine whether a staff member is an employee or independent contractor
- Relevant anti-discrimination statutes
Family BusinessCast, a production of Family Business Media LLC, is a resource that provides information on legal, accounting, and investment issues to family-owned businesses.
The interview may be found here.